Friday, February 8, 2008

WHAT SHOULD WE CHRISTIANS PRAY ABOUT?



Matthew 21:22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.





It's the Christian's commission to pray about "ALL" things. Prayer moves the hand of God and with Him "All Things Are Possible."



1.) PRAY FOR PEACE - Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27 Lead me from death to life, from falsehood to truth. Lead me from despair to hope, from fear to trust. Lead me from hate to love, from war to peace. Let peace fill our heart, our world, our universe. Peace. Peace. Peace.

2.) PRAY FOR AMERICA & THE WORLD - “And (if) My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” 2 Chronicles 7:14

3.) PRAY FOR SALVATION - Dear Lord Jesus I am a sinner. I believe that you died for my sins. Right now I repent by turning away from sin and open the door of my heart and life to You. I receive You as my personal Lord and Savior. Through the help of the Holy Spirit I will serve you all the days of my life.

4.) PRAY FOR SPIRITUAL WISDOM - For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; Colossians 1:9

5.) PRAY FOR ISRAEL - The Bible promises that those who bless Israel and the Jewish people will themselves be blessed - Genesis 12:3 I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.

6.) PRAY FOR A SICK FRIEND - And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. James 5:15-16 (KJV)

7.) PRAY FOR KNOWING GOD'S WILL - For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness; Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Colossians 1:9-12 (KJV)

8.) PRAY FOR SPIRITUAL GROWTH - But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen. 2 Peter 3:18

9.) PRAY FOR COMFORT DURING LOSS - The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. Psalm 34:18 (KJV) --- Dear Lord, Please help me in this time of loss and overwhelming grief. I don't understand why my life is filled with this pain and heartache. But I turn my eyes to you as I seek to find the strength to trust in your faithfulness. I will wait on you and not despair; I will quietly wait for your salvation. My heart is crushed, but I know that you will not abandon me forever. Please show me your compassion, Lord. Help me through the pain so that I will hope in you again. I believe this promise in your Word to send me fresh mercy each day. Though I can't see past today, I trust your great love will never fail me. Amen

10.) PRAY FOR COPING WITH FEAR - For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7 (KJV) Dear Lord, My fear has trapped and consumed me. But I am tired of living under the weight of my fears. I believe the verses that reassure me of your presence and confirm that you are able to deliver me from my trouble. Please give me your love and your power to replace these fears. Your perfect love casts out my fear. I thank you for promising to give me the peace that only you can give. I receive that peace now as I ask you to still my troubled heart. Because you are with me, I don't have to be afraid. Amen

No comments: